Organic Feed Production
You can get much healthier and more productive generations with organic feed!
The field of organic feed production is a sector that is needed very much, has a very high volume in the balance of demand and supply, and can contain as much danger when handled by unconscious hands. For this reason, it must be done under the control of expert eyes both in the stages of cultivation, production and supply to the end consumer.
Organic products do not disturb the natural balance of your body, give vitality, and are obtained entirely from organic plants in nature. Organic foods are more nutritious in terms of nutritional value.
Obtained using the most natural methods organic products, they are more delicious and nutritious products compared to other products. Organics, people who are fed with foods are developed a natural way of protection against diseases. They live healthy lives, especially by protecting themselves from cancer and many other diseases.
First of all (obvious to most), all feed manufacturers should be aware that only certified organic raw materials can be used for organic feed. Organic feed production is definitely not an issue to be taken lightly.
Only EU certified raw materials may be used for EU market products. The organic feed producer must establish a reliable procedure to verify the organic status of the raw materials the company receives. A risk assessment should be made for the different suppliers and necessary measures should be taken to minimize the risks (eg residue tests, supplier audits).
Except for open raw material coming directly from the land, only packaged and labeled products are acceptable for organic processing, unlabeled products should be returned to the supplier. Trucks and transport vehicles must be properly sealed. All necessary information should be included in the waybills.
The conditions sought for organically produced or processed feeds:
- Conventional feed and organic feed cannot be processed simultaneously in the same factory.
- The substances included in the composition of the products or any other substance used in the preparation of these products must not have undergone ionizing radiation-irradiation applications.
- Organically produced feeds and conventionally produced feeds should be kept and stored in physically separate places.
- All kinds of equipment used in organic feed preparation should be completely separated from all kinds of equipment used in conventional feed preparation.
- Organic feed can be prepared in conventional feed preparation units, provided that the following conditions are met.
- Both conventional and organic feed cannot be prepared at the same time in the feed preparation unit.
- Before starting to prepare the feed, it is necessary to clean the feed preparation unit with the following disinfectant substances.
Organic feeds must be labeled. The features that should be on the label are;
- The organic amount of the feed should be specified over the dry matter.
- The percentage of feed material obtained by the organic production method should be written.
- The percentage of feed materials obtained from transition period products should be written.
- The total percentage of feedstuffs of agricultural origin should be indicated on the label.
- The name of the authorized body should be on the label.